Cohoes, New York – Aquatic Development Group, Inc. (ADG), one of the premier designers and builders of waterparks and attractions is proud to have been awarded the design and construction contract for Gaylord Texan Hotel and Convention Center’s new outdoor waterpark in Grapevine, TX. ADG delivered the initial waterpark concept plan and assisted the construction manager with the overall project for the new outdoor waterpark. The Gaylord Texan requested a wild west theme consistent with the hotel’s overall brand and quality standards.
The Gaylord Texan expansion comprises several new installations including:
- 6,000 sq. ft. activity lagoon featuring two horseshoe shaped spa areas and water basketball
- 600 ft. Adventure River utilizing a WaveTek® wave generation system
- 560 sq. ft. tanning shelf, beach entry, underwater LED lighting
- Multiple fountain and waterfall features
- For the smaller visitors, a 290 sq. ft. shallow activity pool with an overhead trellis providing shade